Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread inserts (metric and imperial)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2810 Views, 9 Replies

Thread inserts (metric and imperial)

I'm using Inventor 2011 and can't find any thread inserts in 'hole' command. Neither helicoil nor recoil - are they unavailable? Cose that would be a bit poor. Can I ****ch them on somehow? 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You would need to add the specific thread to the Thread.XLS file to get the thread for the hole. As for the Helicoil insert, you would need to model a specific part and move to the Assembly level and insert the Helicoil at that level. You could create the Helicoil as an iPart if you were going to use a number of different Helicoils in your work, or just model the Helicoil you are going to need.

Back-up (make a copy) of your THREAD.XLS file before you edit it.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

an Ipart is probably a bit over the top for what I need but a choice in the 'hole' command would be nice. Weird that Audotesk hasn't prepared it as a default - thread inserts are used preety much world wide?

Does anybody have a modified thread.xls that I could "borrow"?  🙂

Message 4 of 10
blair

They sort rectangular bar (flat-bar) by width and then thickness in the Content Center. If they can't get that correct after this many years and requests, what chance would insert threads have.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
IgorMir

That one got me.  Are you saying that 50 x 5 FL is not correct definition of the flat bar 50 mm width, 5 mm thk?

Igor.

@Anonymous wrote:

They sort rectangular bar (flat-bar) by width and then thickness in the Content Center. If they can't get that correct after this many years and requests, what chance would insert threads have.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 6 of 10
blair
in reply to: IgorMir

All flat-bar is sorted thickness first then width; 5mm x 50mm or 1/4" x 2", just like bolts, you don't sort bolts length first and then diameter.

Unfortunatly the programers at Autodesk sort the rectangular bar in the CC by width first then by thickness.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 10
IgorMir

That's a bit categorical statement. Here is a copy of a page from BHP catalogue. Width of the flat bars come first anyway you look at it. Frankly, I have never come across with definition of the FB's with thickness called first. Maybe in the USA it is different, but in Australia it is not.

As for the definition of fasteners - yes, thread size comes first, then the length. But these are two different animals.

Igor.

@Anonymous wrote:

All flat-bar is sorted thickness first then width; 5mm x 50mm or 1/4" x 2", just like bolts, you don't sort bolts length first and then diameter.

Unfortunatly the programers at Autodesk sort the rectangular bar in the CC by width first then by thickness.

Message 8 of 10
blair
in reply to: IgorMir

It's a North-American thing, not really sure if there's a written ASNI standard. All steel service centers in N-A publish/sort by thickness first, then width.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
IgorMir

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Are there any recognised standards nationally or internationally for threaded inserts?

If not then it would be a little hard for them to include content.

If there are standards I would be interested to hear as I could like to add these to my own therad spreadsheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report