Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread in drawing environment

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mmbguide
2563 Views, 4 Replies

Thread in drawing environment

hi

created thread on a cylinder does not appear in draing environment. drawing environment shows just a cylinder, but in a longitudinal sectin thread is disappeard. is there any way to show thread in section?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mmbguide

When creating/editing drawing views, you have the possibility to turn on section standard parts. (2nd or 3th tab i guess)

Message 3 of 5
mmbguide

hi and thank you for your answer. this option is disable because i created thread in part environment with thread command. if it was from standard part (like a bolt) that's right i could do your advise.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Oké, now is see, images are disabled in my company.

Threads are never modeled as in real life, you have to create it with the coil function.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

@mmbguide wrote:

hi

but in a longitudinal sectin thread is disappeard. is there any way to show thread in section?

I see it in the image you attached.  There are three standard ways to represent a thread.  Refer to any standard technical drafting book (I will cite Giesecke, et al as my reference) or your Machinerys' Handbook.

1. detailed (not often used - usually only on large threads

2. simplified - hidden lines represent the threads, that is what your section view shows.  This is the most commonly used representation.

3. schematic - a series of thick and thin lines, not used so much and not automatic in Inventor.

4. and a non-standard cosmetic texture image (which is used enough in the various MCAD programs that it will probably become standard).

If I missed something about your problem description - attach the files here.

Will you be using a split nut whith that shaft design?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report