Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Angle Projection for all projects and drawings in Inventor 2010

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
torque22
19337 Views, 14 Replies

Third Angle Projection for all projects and drawings in Inventor 2010

Can someone explain to me how to change the projection to third angle projection for ALL of my drawings in Inventor 2010?

I for some reason cannot locate, or figure this out.

Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
delineryan
in reply to: torque22

Change it to 3rd angle right when you start a drawing, then save that file as a template, (call it whatever you want) then use that template for every new drawing.

Cheers,

Ryan
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Message 3 of 15
torque22

Thank you, but...

I don't even know where the First Angle to Third Angle check box, or whatever....is.

How would I change it in the template drawings also, for like working through the tutorials?
Message 4 of 15
JDMather

Must have a drawing file open.
Manage>Styles Editor (are you using 2010?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
torque22

Yes i am using 2010. I want to change all of the drawing to be in Third Angle Projection.

The MAIN setting.

If there is one.
Message 6 of 15
JDMather

F1 Styles Editor - you set it in your template. Set it and forget it. You can have a template for 1st angle and one for 3rd angle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
petercharles

Do you think he might have a load of drawings that are in First Angle, and what he wants to do is change them all to Third Angle, automatically??
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

Looks that way. If that's the case - he is asking for a lot! I am not sure
if that can be done at all.
Igor.

--
Web: www.meqc.com.au
www.boatworks.meqc.com.au
wrote in message news:6310340@discussion.autodesk.com...
Do you think he might have a load of drawings that are in First Angle, and
what he wants to do is change them all to Third Angle, automatically??
Message 9 of 15
torque22

Ok, I hit F1 and the Help menu pops up.

I cannot find the damn styles editor.

I do not like this version of Inventor. (That is Inventor 2010 if you didn't catch that, and that is why I am having problems with your directions.)

All I want to do it change the First Angle Projection to Third Angle Projection in the metric> ISO.idw template in the Tutorial_Files.ipj under New File.

Is this too much to ask or accomplish??

****Update: Ok I found the styles editor. Now I just need to figure out where the setting is. Ok, found it...... FINALLY CHANGED!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!
Message 10 of 15
msklein

with a drawing open go to the "manage" tab find styles editor open. Go to "standard" open default standard (ansi) if using non customized format otherwise double click on the your custom standard. now find view preferences, its located here.
As far as i know there is no way to do a mass change across a number of drawings all at once like PRO-E.
msk

Message 11 of 15
petercharles

As far as I can tell if you create a drawing as 1st angle, change the style for 3rd angle nothing happens unless you create some new projections. These new projections are then drawn as 3rd angle but the original projections remain as 1st angle.
Message 12 of 15
msklein

that would be correct but i believe what he was asking for was how to change over his formats. I hope he was not thinking that changing the projection would change the views also. I was just pointing out that PRO-E can do across the system changes to the templets and IV can not.
msk
Message 13 of 15
petercharles

The original post is a little ambiguous in it's phrasing and could be interpreted as wanting to change the projection of EXISTING drawings OR just to change the template for NEW drawings to be 3rd angle.

Message 14 of 15
msklein

granted i agree with you
msk
Message 15 of 15
Mark_Playle

I had this problem too in Inventor 2013

Basically you need to have a drawing open (1st or 3rd angle) otherwise the menus relating to drawings are not available.

Then, go to the Manage tab, select Styles Editor and then you can change the settings in your chosen standard.

NB. In Inventor 2013 you can change the default template at the Welcome screen (Welcome button on the Get Started tab)

So change your style to what you want at startup (Get Started) eg. ISO mm, then go to Styles Editor and change the settings for that Style to what you want, eg. Third Angle Projection and then Save the style to the drawing. Then go to the Manage tab, and hit Save to save Styles from the current document to the Style library.

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report