Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text type Drawing-Properties doesn't work

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Karol-Or
467 Views, 4 Replies

Text type Drawing-Properties doesn't work

I try to make a sketched sybol called Logo **** and write in it the creation date from the Drawing Properties or Model Properties, but none works. i select, press OK and nothing happens.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Karol-Or

@Karol-Or wrote:

I try to make a sketched sybol called Logo **** and write in it the creation date from the Drawing Properties or Model Properties, but none works. i select, press OK and nothing happens.

Hi,

You failed to mention what properties you tried to set up the symbol to use.  It's hard for me to interpret your symbol in the attached drawing, because I don't speak your language.  I cannot tell what fields are the ones you are having trouble with, or what properties you are trying to show.

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

It almost sounds like you are trying to place something you sketched up either in sketch mode in Inventor or Autocad and have that show up in a properties value.  Is that correct?  If that is the case, I don't know of a way to do that other then maybe through iLogic.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
Karol-Or
in reply to: Cadmanto

no, i use the text command and try to place a text of type Properties-Drawing and property Creation Date

Message 5 of 5
cbenner

@Karol-Or wrote:

no, i use the text command and try to place a text of type Properties-Drawing and property Creation Date

I looked into your symbol again, and none of the text fields are mapped to the drawing porperties for creation date.  The only one that is mapped at all is set as a Prompted Entry.  I added a field (see picture) and mapped it to this property to show you what it should look like.  After picking the property you want to map to, you must hit the down arrow (circled in the picture) to push that down to the text editing window, otherwise nothing shows up.  I suspect this is what you did wrong.  The second picture shows the symbol all fixed up.

iprop.JPG

fixed.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report