Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text formatting (again)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JKHouston
393 Views, 7 Replies

Text formatting (again)

Hello all,

I'm still trying to refine my title block text and would like to get some advice.

Is there a way to incorporate the functionality of acad mechanical whereby you can specify the length of text but have it fit within a specific area?

So far I haven't been able to figure out how to get a description to work well with my title block. If I use the fit option, all of the text is stretched, which I don't want. I want it to be normal unitl it doesn't fit anymore into the predefined area and then have it fit.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

John

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: JKHouston

John,

The only thing close to that is the percentage setting inside of the text editor dialog window.

TEXT.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
JKHouston
in reply to: Cadmanto

I do use that but only to format the text so it looks a little better, IMO. I prefer to have the stretch set at 85%. Looks more like pencilled fonts as opposed to electronic fonts.

Thanks for the suggestion tho'.

If anybody else has any ideas, it'd be appreciated.

John

@Cadmanto wrote:

John,

The only thing close to that is the percentage setting inside of the text editor dialog window.

TEXT.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8

Hi JKHouston,

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but I typically set the description field to be Left & Middle justified, and then turn on the text box and dimension it to fit in the available space. This allows the description to wrap and adjust as it goes from one line, to two lines, to three lines.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Title Block Justification.png

Message 5 of 8

Hi Curtis,

That's actually what I'm doing now but it's kinda clunky if the text exceeds the available space. Then it continues to wrap into the other fields in the title block. Perhaps my titles need to be less wordy, lol.  🙂

Thanks for the suggestion though, appreciate it.

Regards,

John

Message 6 of 8
Cadmanto

John,

I just created an idea in the Inventor IdeaStation  for this.  If you want to support it go here.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Constraining-the-Length-of-a-Text-Line/idi-p/3823...

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 8
JKHouston
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for that, is the idea station kind of like a feature request?

Message 8 of 8
Cadmanto

Sort of.  I would classify it more along the lines as product enhancement requests.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report