Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal ACE-Inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TobiasZetterberg2067
430 Views, 1 Reply

Terminal ACE-Inventor

Hello!
I have been working with Inventor for many years an are now trying to use ACE to make electrical drawings and get use for the interoperability of ACE-Inventor. I am also new to electrical drawings.
The problem I ran into is when I have schematic terminals (see attached pic) with different wires attached to both ends and try to export those to Inventor. 

The schematic terminal seems to only accept one pin (number) while the Inventor (3D) terminal model (see attached pic) has two pins which ends up with that all automatic wiring connects to only one side of the terminal after importing the XML-file (import harness data).

I have tried to edit the correct pins to PinL and PinR properties of the terminals without any effect.

Can the terminals only have one pin?

Should two terminals represent one physical terminal? If so, how do I connect the terminals without getting a wire between them?

Have I missed something or should I do this in another way?

/Br T

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi, TobiasZetterberg2067,

I suggest to post this topic on Autocad Electrical forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/bd-p/38 for more Electrical experts to take a look.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Quality Assurance Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report