Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template OLE Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eveylynne
641 Views, 4 Replies

Template OLE Issue

I've created a general table that looks to an excel file, and put the table in a template.  

Whenever I open the template directly (from Windows Explorer), it opens with no problem.  If I open it as a new drawing (ctrl+N), I get this error:

1 OLE Links appear to be inconsistent; the first of these is in Unknown.  These links are shown in the browser in read (under the 3rd party objects).  Please use the Change Source command in the browser to set up the Links consistently.

After clicking okay, there is no 3rd party folder in the browser (although it shows up in the template if I open it directly rather than a new drawing), and nothing looks out of place.  The table doesn't load, nor does any evidence of it.

I am at a loss.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: eveylynne

There seems to be a check and flush with using templates to create new files. A while back we tried having a simple text box in the main body with a standard disclaimer. If we opened the existing file the text box was there as soon as we used it as a template, the text box was deleted.

The work around was to have the empty IDW with text box and use the Open and then "Save Copy As" to create the new drawing with our required text box.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
robbedoes18

I have the same issue. I am trying to place a simple order table in the template (3 rows 3 columns) and keep ketting the OLE link error. is there a workaround to get a simple table in a template??? I allready tried to add a table as a title block but multimple title blocks are not allowed. Placing the table in the title block is not an option. 

plz Halp!

Message 4 of 5
tsreagan

I have had OLE objects get lost in template drawings.

At one point my template was 30megs.   Turned out to be graphics that were added and deleted, but the OLE info remained.

I had to use iLogic to cycle through all of the OLE objects and turn them on, then delete the unused ones.

My gues is that iLogic may be used to solve the issues you are having.

Here is some starter code to help get you going.  This will allow all OLE objects to show in tree.

Dim oRefOleFileDes As ReferencedOLEFileDescriptor

For Each oRefOleFileDes in oDoc.ReferencedOLEFileDescriptors

oRefOleFileDes.Visibility = True

Next

You can also use iLogic to set the embedding or linking option, or delete them or add them.

T.S.

Message 5 of 5
WillieArolf

Kind of wondering if they have already found a solution for this matter.

As I have encountered same problem. I have created a Revision History table from an Excel file. Here is the error message.

OLE error.jpg

And I do not even see any 3rd party objects in the browser as I click the OK button.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report