Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table driven parts???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
443 Views, 3 Replies

Table driven parts???

Hello All,

The problem I have with this part is when I place it into a new assembly,

It changes all other instances (in previous assemblies) to that length want to be able to use lots of different lengths 

in lots of different assemblies.

Thanks 

nick.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I didn't open your file but I'm assuming you just need to learn to use/create iparts..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: mcgyvr

That's pretty much what I was going to say as well, but I did look at his file, and it actually is an iPart already. 

I have no idea what he could be doing to cause it to change previous assemblies when he switches iPart members in a new one.  They seem to behave correctly as far as I can tell.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: jtylerbc

Nick,

please post a screen shot of 2 assemblies where this is happening. (make sure your screen shots show the model tree for each assembly)

I just don't see how what you are saying can be true.

Are you starting each assembly by placing the factory part into a model, then selecting the member you want?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report