Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table driven Level of Detail?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ericflick
417 Views, 2 Replies

Table driven Level of Detail?

Is there a way to manage the level of details in a table format?  Coming from a SW background this was easy (right click ona a part or assembly then slect which configurations you wanted that part supressed)  I tried to do it with an IAssembly but it looked like that was not the right way to go.  The main reason for doing this is I have a large assembly that I'm using to produce drawings and have several levels of details depending on which drawing I am using to speed things up. The time consuming is when I start adding something like a bolted connection that only needs to show up in a few Level of Details I then have to go in to all of the other LOD's and supress it one by one.  Any Idea how I can do this a little more efficently?

On a side note I don't care about mass on my BOM's I just want the weight! Most of us are on Earth!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: ericflick

Unfortunately LOD's cannot be used within the iassembly table.  Mainly because they do very similar things.

My suggestion would be to instead of creating LOD's do your suppressions in the iassembly factory table.

This can control everything and allow you to place views on the drawing representing any of the members.

Plus they can be represented with the parts list table.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: Cadmanto

I agree - LOD's are not designed for this (as you are quickly discovering).

When editing an iAssembly, you can toggle "Factory scope" or "Member scope".  Suppressing something in member scope just removes/adds it to that particular configuration (oops - SWX terminology in an Inventor forum!).  Suppressing whilst in "Factory scope" removes/adds to all configurations.

Using the iAssembly suppress function, you will get correct BOM's.  Using LOD's you won't (because they are not designed for this purpose).

You can achieve something similar using View Representations (controlling visibility) - and you can lock View Rep's so new items don't show up in them.  You can't lock a LOD - which is why you are spending your life suppressing new components in old LOD's.

Conclusion - LOD's are not the tool you should be using. 

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums