Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TITLEBLOCK FROM INVENTOR TO AUTOCAD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1441 Views, 7 Replies

TITLEBLOCK FROM INVENTOR TO AUTOCAD

I am using inventor 2013 and Autocad 2013.

I need to take my title block from an inventor drawing and place in in a layout from autocad.

The process I haave already tried:

-open titleblock sketch and copy the sketch for the title block.

-I have then gone into acad layout as well as acad model space and tried to pase this sketch but it will not paste.

Is there an easy way to get this title block over to acad so I can still use it and change some of the text in the title block?

Jr

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried simply save copy as dwg?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 8
Infoseeker
in reply to: mrattray

You can save copy as and then export. This should keep the scale.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

I can save it as a dwg but I still need to get the actual titleblock to be used in an existing layout with an existing adad dwg.

jr

Message 5 of 8
Infoseeker

Probably you will have to export it (save as) from .idw to .dwg, then block it and add text prompts.

That's my guess but I don't really work with autocad a lot.

Message 6 of 8
m.granata

The method I've used for what you are doing is 1) open Inventor and the Inventor template with the title block you want to use. 2) save this idw template as an AutoCAD dwg file, 3)  open this dwg file in AutoCAD and save it as an AutoCAD dwt template, 4)  use this dwt template in AutoCAD or copy and paste components of it into other AutoCAD dwg files you have already started.

The only way I have been able to copy and paste objects from an Inventor idw file into an AutoCAD dwg file is to have both applications and files open at the same time during the copy and paste process.  For that matter, when performing a copy and paste between two idw files, I have had to have both idw files open at the same time.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: m.granata

I tried all of that. I get to the point of copy and paste and can not seem to copy and paste any of the components. jr
Message 8 of 8
m.granata

If you can't copy and paste your title block try this.  1) With the Inventor template with the title block you are after, perform the Save As dwg in Inventor, then, 2) From within AutoCAD take that dwg and Save As an AutoCAD dwt template, then 3) Create a new AutoCAD drawing selecting that dwt template, 4) Also open your dwg with the model you want that needs the new title block, finally, 5)  Copy and Paste the model into the new created file with the new AutoCAD dwt template.  To summarize, instead of copy and paste on the title block, copy and paste the model to a new AutoCAD drawing that contains the title block you need.  If that copy and paste doesn't work I would something else isn't the cause.

Good Luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report