Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T&P, ending a run in a fitting/elbow to an existing custom NPT threaded part

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RobertWK
327 Views, 4 Replies

T&P, ending a run in a fitting/elbow to an existing custom NPT threaded part

I am trying to automate a pipe run from a threaded flange to a hose nipple that has NPT threads on the opposing side, but I can't seem to figure out how to tell the T&P module to end on a female fitting. The hose interface is supposed to screw directly into an elbow.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: RobertWK

Send a screen shot of what you are trying to do.  Is the female fitting already there?  Is there an end treatment error or mismatch?  It's hard to tell from your description what's going on.

Message 3 of 5
RobertWK
in reply to: cbenner

Attached image.  The run is supposed to go up, elbow over, then another pipe run across, then an elbow down with the fitting inserted into the elbow.

t&p run.JPG

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: RobertWK

Ok, I think I understand.  Here is what I would do.  In your Pipe Run... manually place the elbow, using the "Connect" option to connect it to the fitting and get the correct orientation.  With that in place you should be able to route FROM the elbow to either one of the two flanges shown in your image (or vice versa).  In a situation like this there is no way to get the elbow in the exact position as a part of the route itself.... and that's ok.  Sometime fittings need to be strategically placed before the route is made... it all depends on design intent.  Won't affect your parts list in any way either.

Hope this helps... good luck!

Message 5 of 5
RobertWK
in reply to: cbenner

That's what I figured I would have to do, but didn't want to go for it until it was a last resort. I was hoping there would be a direct way using T&P.  Too bad; seems like this should be a feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report