Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Oend Express to Load Express and can't edit a bolted connection

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
brendan.henderson
601 Views, 9 Replies

Switching from Oend Express to Load Express and can't edit a bolted connection

Looking for help on this problem. I have an assy where I Open Express, then change to Load Full and try to edit a Bolted COnnection but both the Edit Using Design Accelerator and Delete Design Accelerator Component are grayed out.

If I close the assy and open in Full then both the Edit and the Delete are available. Is this a known bug? Link here to a video of the problem.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Looks like an "issue" to me. It looks like you are current on all SP's and Updates as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
brendan.henderson
in reply to: blair

I agree. I'll wait and see what response I get before I raise a case.

I'm rather surprised that it looks like it hasn't been raised before.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Message 4 of 10

Hi Brendan,

I tested the same with my sample files, but couldn't reproduce the issue. Commands became available once I did Load Full.

If it occurss with specific model, would you be able to share them with me? I'll provide you an FTP site.

Thanks.

Inchul Lee
Message 5 of 10

Hi! The behavior does not sound right. When fully loaded, all the applicable assembly commands should be available. I do not see a video attached to the posting here. Could you reattach it? Does it happen to more than one assembly or it is data specific?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 10

Johnson, the link to the video is in the OP.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Message 7 of 10

This is the first time I've used the feature. I have it set at 200 unique files. Send me the FTP link please.

Of interest today is that when I open the same assy it does not open express. It opens full, even though I still have App Options/Assembly/Enable Express set at 200. I ran a Repair on the Inv install and tried again (after making certain the setting was still on) and it continues to loads full. Does having the assy Released affect this?

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Message 8 of 10

Hi Brendan,

I've sent you an FTP link in a separate email. Please upload your data set for further review.

Thank you.

Inchul Lee

Inchul Lee
Message 9 of 10

Thanks Inchul Lee, but too much time has gone by. I had to get the drawing set out so I deleted the problematic BC and replaced it.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

Message 10 of 10

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the update.

Please feel free to share the data set if you face the same issue again in the future.

Have a nice day.

Inchul Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report