Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Cuts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
m209112
551 Views, 2 Replies

Surface Cuts

I'm trying to make a surface cut on my part.  The part is a round cylindrical shaped cap with a surface geometry going through the center.  I want to make that surface geometry remove some of the cylindrical part by about half the wall thickness.

See the attachment of the picture "cap" for a picture with the surfaces I'm speaking about.  The orange features are surfaces and the grey feature is just a solid cylinder that I want to cut. The vertical, cylindrical surface in orange is where I want the grey cylinder to be cut along the curved orange surface.  Only on the grey area outside of the orange cylindrical surface is to be cut while leaving everything grey on the inside area of the cylindrical surface will remain.

The picture titled "ideal cap" is the look that I'm going for on the picture titled "cap" which I'm trying to perform this cut on.  The picture titled "ideal cap" was made using Pro/E and I'm trying to mimic the same thing in Inventor.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: m209112

Hi m209112, 

Here are a couple of examples that illustrate two different methods for this kind of thing.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3
m209112
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thans Curtis! The were great examples to explain how it can be done!

@Curtis_Waguespack wrote:

Hi m209112, 

Here are a couple of examples that illustrate two different methods for this kind of thing.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report