Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
nickhowe
Message 1 of 3 (154 Views)

Super Long Datum Planes

154 Views, 2 Replies
11-19-2012 07:54 AM

I have found after my last save, the Datum Planes of the assembly have just lengthened in two directions monstrously for no reason. I checked to see if it was an unassebled straggler but cant find anything. Is there a way of knowing why it does this.

Check attached image, the dot is a machine 20 metres high and the datum plane seems to reach the nearest neighbourhood for some reason.

Cheers

Nick

Valued Mentor
stephengibson76
Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: Super Long Datum Planes

11-19-2012 07:58 AM in reply to: nickhowe

if the datums on the parts are set to auto resize, then it could be in the part sketch, maybe some projected geometry, try opening each one seperatly.

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Active Contributor
nickhowe
Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)

Re: Super Long Datum Planes

11-19-2012 08:09 AM in reply to: stephengibson76

.... They were set to Automatic update. I found the problem though, I took the constraints off a suspect part and it was a tangent constraint throwing out the planes. All great now.

You live and learn!!

Thanks anyway :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube