Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum of values anomaly?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Indentor
290 Views, 1 Reply

Sum of values anomaly?

IV2011

I have been trying to use 'sum of values' substitution on my mass property when merging.

I enable row merge on part number match in the BOM.  As expected I get *varies* in the assembly BOM on filename and mass and whatever else varies.  I then go to the parts list and try to use substitution of mass with 'sum of values', but always come up with *varies* no matter what I did.

Finally I found that if I set the 'apply units formatting' to zero (unity), I could get the item to sum.  No other precision/ formatting would work other than unity.  Problem is items that are less than 0.5 lbs show up as zero, so I am not there yet.  Plus I suspect there is a setting somewhere to get the units/formatting to agree before I try to sum which might get me a better precision.....don't know.   This has burned enough time so I am looking for insight on why the only way I can get sum of values to work is with the lowest precision unit formatting.  And it was a heck of a time just stumbling onto that piece.

Please, if you can shed some light i would appreciate that.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbell1007
in reply to: Indentor

I am having the same issue and want to try what u said above, except I dont see an option for "zero unity."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report