Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
Indentor
Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

Sum of values anomaly?

148 Views, 1 Replies
12-19-2012 03:21 PM

IV2011

I have been trying to use 'sum of values' substitution on my mass property when merging.

I enable row merge on part number match in the BOM.  As expected I get *varies* in the assembly BOM on filename and mass and whatever else varies.  I then go to the parts list and try to use substitution of mass with 'sum of values', but always come up with *varies* no matter what I did.

Finally I found that if I set the 'apply units formatting' to zero (unity), I could get the item to sum.  No other precision/ formatting would work other than unity.  Problem is items that are less than 0.5 lbs show up as zero, so I am not there yet.  Plus I suspect there is a setting somewhere to get the units/formatting to agree before I try to sum which might get me a better precision.....don't know.   This has burned enough time so I am looking for insight on why the only way I can get sum of values to work is with the lowest precision unit formatting.  And it was a heck of a time just stumbling onto that piece.

Please, if you can shed some light i would appreciate that.

Active Contributor
cbell1007
Message 2 of 2 (79 Views)

Re: Sum of values anomaly?

06-18-2013 10:23 AM in reply to: Indentor

I am having the same issue and want to try what u said above, except I dont see an option for "zero unity."

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube