Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-assemblies "disabled" in BOM

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jlane
589 Views, 4 Replies

Sub-assemblies "disabled" in BOM

I'm trying to change the BOM structure of some sub-assemblies from "Normal" to "Phantom".  However, some are displayed as disabled and therefore do not allow any changes/overrides.  How can I enable these in the BOM?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: jlane

Looks like they're suppressed. You'll have to unsuppress them to make a change.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 5
jlane
in reply to: mrattray

I had thought of that as well when I was trying to make the change.  I just double-ckecked to be sure, and they are not supressed.  I have the "Master" LOD and "Default" Representation view active.  Also, none of the sub-assemblies have been checked out (although I don't think this is the problem since I was able to successfully make the "Phantom" change to some of them).

Some of these sub-assemblies have been placed as views in drawings for annotation (using balloons).  Might this have anything to do with the "disabling" that's occuring?  Or, any other ideas?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: jlane

Hi jlane,

Is it possible that those file are read-only? When I encounter this kind of thing that is most often the issue.

Edit: I just noticed in your second reply the mentioning of "not checked out" which I suspect is indeed the issue.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5
jlane
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks Curtis! 

Yes, that was the difference.  It turns out that some of my local copies of the sub-assemblies were "write-enabled" even though they weren't checked out from Vault.  These were the ones I was able to change to "Phantom".  The others were "Read-only" just as you predicted.

So in the end, it looks like you need to have the sub-assemblies checked out if you want to change their BOM structure within the parent assembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report