Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in imperial

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rmfabrications
622 Views, 5 Replies

Stuck in imperial

Bare with me i am new to inventor and i am studing at college. I dont know how but i seem to stuck in imperial. Every time i start a new drawing i have to go tools>document settings>units and change to metric. is there anyway i can make this change permanent? Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I forgot to add i am using Inventor 2010

Message 3 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: rmfabrications

Find the Templates folder and replace the Standard.ipt file with the Standard(mm).ipt file and rename it as Standard.ipt

You will probably want to do this for the assembly, drawing and ipn templates as well.

(in later versions (and maybe 2010) you can Save Copy As Template to replace the standard template.)

BTW - when you installed the software there was an option at that time to set your Standard units.  Later versions made it easier to change after installation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: rmfabrications

Another thing you are going to want to do is if you create your own templates (as you should to secure these settings)

the folder you place them in needs to be pathed inside of your master project file.

The other thing you should look into is change settings inside of the styles editor possibly creating new styles if necessary.

There are videos on youtube that may help you in doing this.

Good luck.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 6
jletcher
in reply to: JDMather

JD if I read this right he is needing this for drawings not part.

So he will need to set up an IDW template and styles and then save back to templates. and save styles.. This way the default style would be mm.

Message 6 of 6
rmfabrications
in reply to: jletcher

Sorry my wording is poor. i was refering to the part. well to be honest i was refering to everything i made a boo boo when i installed the software in would seem. i have now resolved the issue thanks for all your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report