Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strike-Through Text

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3256 Views, 6 Replies

Strike-Through Text

Is it possible to put strike-through text in individual cells of a table (or anywhere else for that matter) in an idw file.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.obergries
in reply to: Anonymous

this is not possible today.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.obergries

here we are 6 years and 1 day later ... and I STILL cant strikethrough text 😞

Message 4 of 7
herzogh
in reply to: Anonymous

The Inventor team would like to offer strike-through text. We'd also like a bit more detail to make sure this addresses what you expect. Here are a few thoughts I have but would like validation on:

1. provide strike-through in text formatting
  2. provide design tracking control. this would allow you to preserve items normally removed during model updates such as:
  • retain detached dimension and apply strike-through when we detech detached dimensions and hole notes
  • retain hole table entries and apply strike-through when all holes for a given entry are removed
  • retain parts list items and apply strike-through when a line item is completly removed (qty = 0)

My question back is: Is the above list accurate or is this more that what you feel is necessary?

Thanks

Hans Herzog

Principal User Expereince Designer

DLS-UX

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”Hans Herzog
Autodesk PDMS
Senior Manager, Experience Design
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: herzogh

Hans,

The primary main Smiley Wink one for me is in text formating

however the other options you list sound great,

especially being able to keep the item in the parts lits but have it srtuck through

Regards,

Richard

Message 6 of 7
AndyWallace

And in INV2014 it still seems to not be possible. 😞

But your ideas are very good - I hope Autodesk implements this someday. One place my company uses strikethrough is in the default drawing template tolerances. We're left to draw lines using a sketch, align them with the text, save the sketch, and then change its color in the .IDW.

Is there a TrueType font we could load which has striketrhough?

Andy

Andy Wallace
Autodesk Inventor (2016) (3 years)
previously Solidworks (6 years)
Message 7 of 7
kennyj

Wow,

I was just looking for a way to strike out text in a table - but this list of other strike-out options would be great.

-Kenny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report