Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress analysis - deflection of a steel block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Henrik_Lo
649 Views, 4 Replies

Stress analysis - deflection of a steel block

HI

Is it possible to calculate the deflection a steel block will get, just form it one weight

Just use standard steel material, it is only supported at the end.

Regards

Henrik

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Dean
in reply to: Henrik_Lo

Yes, it is possible. I assume you want to place the Weight positioned along the bar at a set distance.

You can do this by splitting the face with either a circle or rectangle and placing your force there.

I have attached an example. Hopefully I have understood your question.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 5
blair
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Remember to add the directionof gravity to your analysis (if applicable).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
Henrik_Lo
in reply to: blair

HI

Hi

Thank for reply, i do understand the estimated setup and way to get a bending result

The gravity vector where shout it be placed in this example

Another question regarding the use of split tool, what dose I do to the surface, is it only

marking a round spot and not removing  anything.

Regards

Henrik

Message 5 of 5
blair
in reply to: Henrik_Lo

The Gravity Vector is just that, the direction/vector that gravity will affect the model in question. It doesn't matter which object/edge you select. If an edge is not in the correct direction, you can expand the box and enter a vector using the XZY boxes.

You need to create a sketch on the desired surface and then create a closed loop then exit the sketch. Select the Split Tool command, then the sketch (closed profile) and finally the surface in question.

If you wish to apply a load to a given spot/area on a surface, you would be required to use the Split Surface to create a separate surface in which to apply either the force/load or support constrain. Otherwise Inventor will apply the load/constrain to the whole surface face.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums