Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis " Solid body could not be mapped back to any Inventor entity"

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1899 Views, 11 Replies

Stress Analysis " Solid body could not be mapped back to any Inventor entity"

Hey guys,

I am trying to run a stress simulation on a lifting device I created with Inventor. However I keep getting this error preventing me from moving forward. I have been searching for a solution to this error but did not have any luck finding a relevant article. I will be happy to post my model should anyone request it. I get this error when I click "automatic contacts" or "simulate".

Thanks for the help!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Spoiler

Attach your assembly here (it doesn't look like you have solved part Contacts and you didn't even expand the Constraints and Loads in the browser.

Almost no useful information in your image (other than the fact that it doesn't show that you have run the Automatic Contact solver).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Not sure if you need the supporting part files, if so I will be glad to include them. Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 12
JDMather

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

This should have been covered in your training long before you ever got to FEA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Ok, That is what I thought, attached a .zip of all the files. Apologize for my ignorance.

Message 6 of 12
JDMather

In the assembly environment.

Right click on Welds and

Select Suppress

Go to Environments>Stress Analysis

Right click on the Simulation:1 and go to Edit Simulation Properties.

Set Detect and Eliminate Rigid Body Modes.

Click on Automatic Contacts tool in the Ribbon panel.

Now run your analysis.

Check the Safety Factor.

You will have to re-think PA an PF.

Message 7 of 12
blair

Not sure why it's throwing up the error, so I ran it through Simulation Mechanical 2014, report is attached. You didn't have any direction for gravity so I didn't include it in the calculation.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

JDMather,

That definitely fixed the problem, thank you! Sorry it took so long to get back with you, have been slammed at work. Now since the welds were excluded from the simulation do you know what was causing the problem? Also do you know of any recommended reading to get a better idea of how to properly use the stress analysis tool?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I am getting this same error (See screen shot).  I attached the part file as well.  Since this is a single part the contacts option doesnt work for my situation.  I am using Inventor Professional 2016.

Message 10 of 12
blair

I'm not sure what you did to bring in a "Surface Model" into the Simulation. I deleted your Simulation, exited out of Sim and started over. With the Surface Model, you don't have any "Thickness" or "Material" for Simulation to work with.

Capture2.JPG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I didnt bring a surface model into the simulation, because my material is very thin (.019") the simulation software itself changes my model into a surface with a known material and thickness to be able to run the simulation.  I have run it several times this same model, but now all of a sudden I am getting this error.

Message 12 of 12
blair

Never ran across that before with Inventor but then if I'm doing thin bodies, I'll do it in Simulation Mechanical. For most of my FEA, I do in Sim-Mech. I've been doing more non-linear and checking for buckling.

Something could have corrupt the FEA portion in your model.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report