Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange bug with contour flange?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cwhetten
310 Views, 2 Replies

Strange bug with contour flange?

One of my designers found the following oddity with a simple contour flange in a sheet metal part:

She shared a sketch to "extrude" the contour flange with a different length in each direction (because there is no asymmetrical option for contour flanges--I will add this to the IdeaStation).  It seemed to work fine at first, but whenever the "Height" parameter is changed, the second contour flange feature shifts to the right by a distance equal to the material thickness.

Contour Flange Bug.PNG

There is no conceivable reason that it should do this!  The only way I have found to shift it back is to edit the second contour flange feature (right-click Contour Flange2 > Edit Feature > OK).  But the bug re-appears whenever the Height parameter is edited.

Contour Flange Bug 2.PNG

This one has stumped me.  I have attached the part (Inventor 2012).  Can someone else try this to see if it is reproducible?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IV2012 Pro SP2 Update 3, Build 219; Vanilla Vault 2012, Update 2
Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1; Intel Xeon Duo @2.40 GHz, 9 GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro 2000, 1024 MB GDDR5

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: cwhetten

I should have waited a few more minutes before posting this!  It turns out that the second feature needs to have a model edge selected for full definition:

Contour Flange Bug 3.PNG

Once an edge is selected, the feature works as it should.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 3 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: cwhetten

Here is the link to the IdeaStation for adding an option for asymmetric distance contour flanges:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Asymmetric-distance-for-contour-flange/idi-p/3920...

Go and vote!

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report