Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Inventor parts texture in drawing mode? (screenshots provided)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rg97
1044 Views, 8 Replies

Strange Inventor parts texture in drawing mode? (screenshots provided)

Hi, this is my first post I'm a student that has been working in inventor for 2 years now, and before that I learned two years worth of AutoCAD. I am using the student version of inventor 2014. So i drew up a bushing in polished bronze, and when I put it into a 2D drawing, there is a very strange reflection that I see in the bronze. If it matters, I am using the Sky theme with gradient background. As you can see in the attached screenshots, its a person on a motorcycle in a parking lot (strange, right?) . This is really a strange thing to have, and I think that its a glitch of some sort, if the forum could identify the problem (and maybe a patch for it) I would appreciate it.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rg97
in reply to: rg97

Im trying to put pictures up right now, please bear with me...
Message 3 of 9
rg97
Message 4 of 9
rg97
Message 5 of 9
blair

Parking lot at Autodesk offices. You need some background picture for reflections in shinny material to look correct.

Controlled in the Application Options>Colors>Reflection Environment:

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9
cwhetten

Welcome to the forum!

Here is a picture of what blair was talking about:

Reflection Environment.PNG

I prefer the Chrome.dds reflection environment.  It is just some generic fuzzy bright spots that look nice in reflections.  All of the other ones are pictures of actual objects / places, and they can create some strange and distracting patterns in reflections.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 7 of 9
rg97
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks for the replies, I went into the options (I must have skipped over the reflection image accidentally) and sure enough it was running the Autodesk parking lot. I'm running the sky theme so I just switched it to the Sky bitmap image reflection.

Message 8 of 9
Paul-Mason

On the theme of reflections is there a way to create a custom/personnel DDS file

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 9 of 9
cwhetten
in reply to: Paul-Mason

I doubt there is a way to do this natively in Inventor.  You would have to have another application that is capable of creating .DDS files.  A quick google search tells me that there are dedicated programs like DirectX Texture Editor (dxtex.exe) from Microsoft, or there are plugins for image editing software like Photoshop or GIMP.

I have never done it, so I can't say more than this.  But it might be fun to give it a try.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report