Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop hidden lines from showing up in drawings after adding parts to assembly?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hhls11
5123 Views, 7 Replies

Stop hidden lines from showing up in drawings after adding parts to assembly?

I'm not sure if there's a way to stop this, but whenever I add parts to an assembly and switch to the drawing of the assembly, the hidden lines for those parts show up in every view of the assembly. Right now I'm having to go to each view and select the hide hidden lines option for each part. Is it possible to stop the hidden lines from showing up everytime I add a part?

Thanks in advance!

Inventor Professional 2021
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
swhite
in reply to: hhls11

Yah, don't turn hidden lines on in your view :). Sorry, but everytime you add a new part it will be added to every view it resides in. If the hidden lines are turned on in that view, so will the hidden lines in the part. You can double-click your view and change it so hidden lines are visible or not visible, but it affects the entire view. You can override the view settings on any part as you are currently doing. Not only to remove hidden lines but to show hidden lines on a single part or many.

Hidden Lines.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
hhls11
in reply to: swhite

Sorry, I guess I left that part out. There are a few parts that need to have hidden lines visible. That's why I have hidden lines visible for the view. But I'm guessing there's no way to have all the others automatically hidden?

16GB DDR4 RAM
Message 4 of 8
swhite

If you only want a few parts to have hidden lines, turn off hidden lines and select those parts and show hidden lines for just those parts. I guess it depends on wether it would be easier to show a few parts with hidden lines or having tpo turn each new one off. You can show hidden lines for a couple parts just as you are turning them off if your view is set for no hidden lines.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 5 of 8
hhls11

I just tried to do that, but it switches back to hidden lines being visible for the entire view once I select any one part to be visible

16GB DDR4 RAM
Message 6 of 8
swhite

The drawback is you might have to do each part in every view once, as I expect you have your views locked together. if you unlock the view you can change any part manually, but it will need done in every view. If you uncheck and hide a part, it will not automatically hide in projected or section views, something to remember.

Hidden Lines X.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 7 of 8
hhls11

All of my views are unlocked at the moment. I'm thinking this just might be a limitation in the program. It's either all hidden or all visible 

16GB DDR4 RAM
Message 8 of 8
swhite

No, it must be a setting as I can easily turn hidden lines on for just one part or many in any view.

Hidden Lines XX.PNG

Just in case make sure your select part priority is on.

PP.PNG

Then select the part in the view and right-click and select Hidden Lines.

You should get this or similar message.

M.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report