Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
khess
133 Views, 4 Replies

Step Files

I am importing a .step file into inventor 9, when i open the file the part is orange, and when placed into an assembly it disapprears. A coworker of mine had this problem before, and he seems to remember that he had to add some sort of file to the step file. Can someone please help. Thanks, Kevin
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: khess

Can you post the file?
Message 3 of 5
khess

No, im sorry the material is confidential.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Are you sure the color is orange and not yellow? The behaviour of it disappearing sounds
like it is only construction geometry and not a base solid. If this is the case, it will not
show in the assembly. Try the stitch and promote options on import, and also turn
on the multi-lump as assembly option just in case. Not much else I can suggest without
seeing the data. Do you have access to the original native part and software package
(i.e. Unigraphics, Catia, etc)? If so you will want to make sure the original part has
no issues in it's native package first.

wrote in message news:4830680@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am importing a .step file into inventor 9, when i open the file the part is orange, and when placed into an assembly it
disapprears. A coworker of mine had this problem before, and he seems to remember that he had to add some sort of file to the step
file. Can someone please help. Thanks, Kevin
Message 5 of 5
khess

That was it. All I had to do was promote the part. THANKS!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report