Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard revision table location in drawing template?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MikeDiyer
1852 Views, 4 Replies

Standard revision table location in drawing template?

Inventor 2013-

Is there a way to pin or standardize where a revision table is located in a drawing?

I have a title-block set up and would like a revision table either embedded or populated upon command, just above my title-block. It would also need to extend upward with additional revisions...

Thanks,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: MikeDiyer

Mike,

You can add the revision table into your drawing templates and then if you edit the revision table select the

"Table Layout" button and here you can change the direction of it.

REVISION.JPG

We have our revision blocks come in when we start a new drawing.

Do you have Vault?  I ask because there are some issues that need a work around if you want the revision automatically updated.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
MikeDiyer
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for your input. No, we're not using vault...

How do you get around it showing as REV A on the very first submittal drawing without manipulating the table?

Also, changing the direction of the revisions doesn't change which direction the table (box) expands. It always expands downward. So If i put it above my bottom right corner title-block, it expands into the titleblock with additional revisions.

My only solution so far is to add the revision table to the top right corner of my drawing during the 1st revision, but I'd really like for it to auto-insert just above my title-block and expand upward....

Note: The company's original Title-Block had lines for revisions and set up in the iProperties as custom input, however the line was too short for most revisions, and you'd have to type everything in. Also, you'd have to edit the title-block any time you ran out of revision lines. So I like the Rev Table feature, I just want "dock" it in one place...

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: MikeDiyer

Wow, my bad.  I never tried the direction button until just now.  I assumed that based on the icon that it would go in the other direction like I have expierenced in other softwares.

Our revision block is in the upper right corner and feeds downward so this is not an issue.

As far as the revision starting at "A" what I did was break the property link to be just a property that required inputed text and kept the column header the title "REV".  Then modify the first revision to "-".  With this it means that this has to be manually updated after adding each revision.

Not that this matters, but we needed to do this because we were using vault and vault was populating the revision automatically each time the life cycle was being changed on a drawing and was doing some screwy things.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5

Hi MikeDiyer, 

Does the attached example behave as you want?

As far as the Alpha vs. Numeric, when you first place the rev block, you can set that in the dialog prompt.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report