Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split greyed out design tree

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1961 Views, 6 Replies

Split greyed out design tree

This just happened to me this morning, I split a part into a multibody part and as soon as I did the split, the entire design tree got greyed out. It doesnt matter if I have only one body visible or both of them, the tree stays greyed out. I can still edit features but its annoying to not know what is on and whats off. I opened a new file mocked up a quick part with various features performed a split and same results. Anyone know if this is a feature or an issue?

thanks 

Alan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened a new file mocked up a quick part with various features performed a split and same results. Anyone know if this is a feature or an issue?

thanks 

Alan

attach the file here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Here is an example. Once I perform the split everything above that is greyed out. I dont think this was the case before.

-Alan

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

I never paid any attention to this before - but after a bit of experimenting it seems logical that it couldn't be any other way.

I split a simple cube with Split Solid to create two solid bodies from one.

If I expand the two solid bodies I can see the original feature and Solid Body 1 consumed by the operation.

I would not expect to be able to right click and show Solid Body1 or the Extrusion 1 since they are consumed.

If I drag the EOP above the Split I see Solid Body 1 and the Extrusion.

Solid Bodies.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

It just means there consumed I believe, just like a sketch turns grey when you perform a extrusion or something.

Message 6 of 7
marco048

I have the same issue - and although I can select a grayed out feature and edit, when I try to apply the edit it doesn't accept as is says the face in no longer valid. I did a split then move. I even ttried to delete the split & move to go back to my part before these changes and I still keeps the freatures grayed out and all the "solid bodies" item on the treel list disapears even though I can see the part and the features and everything is grayed out.

Any ideas?

Message 7 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: marco048

@marco048 wrote:

I have the same issue -...try to apply the edit it doesn't accept as is says the face in no longer valid. ....

Any ideas?

I don't think this is the same issue. 

Here is an idea -

attach your *.ipt file here and end all doubt about the "issue".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report