Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spinning wheel reflection problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
fluff3n
901 Views, 7 Replies

Spinning wheel reflection problem

Hello Autodesk Community, my name is Christian and I'm fairly new to Inventor so please bare with me.

I've done a simple animation in an assembly, that consists of a wheel that's rolling down a plank. The problem I've encountered is with the reflections in the ground plane, they are kind of "bouncing" around. I enabled the Origin planes of the wheel to see what was going on, and this was what I saw: http://youtu.be/5rTro9wCqoU (yes, the wheel was rotating the wrong way... ._.). When I made the origin planes visible. I instantly knew that something was wrong.

Do anyone have an explanation to what is happening and how I can fix this? It's for school and it's pissing me off, have been dealing with these the last couple of days, just spending countless of hours searching the web (can't find anything) and trying to rebuild everything time after time. I followed this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix76f18EWKo 

Thanks for helping me out.

Best regards,

Christian.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gsmith9810
in reply to: fluff3n

Hi Christian, I have not watched either of the videos you mention however when creating animations it is important to keep in mind the incremental motion generated by the CAD system as well as the FPS output to your video format. Given the wrong set of values your video can seem wrong but it is an artifact of the values. I recently did an animation of an Inventor model from Showcase and parts seemed to jiggle when in fact they were completely stationary.
-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 3 of 8
fluff3n
in reply to: gsmith9810

Thanks for you answer, it's much appreciated.

Please take a look at the first link (the video is only a couple of seconds), because it clearly shows what the problem is. There's not any jiggle, the whole ground plane is jumping up and down.

Message 4 of 8
gsmith9810

I can't tell by watching the video but I would appear that you have two parts in your assembly? The wheel and the plank. Is the plank grounded? It appears that the plank is oscillating up/down.
Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 5 of 8
fluff3n
in reply to: gsmith9810

Yes it was/is grounded. And the wheel is stuck to the plank aswell. But watching the video you can see that the bouncing reflections and shadows follow one of the origin work planes, and I have really no idea why it would affect anything, when the wheel is round lol.

Message 6 of 8
gsmith9810

When you say origin "work planes" did you create extra work planes or did you work directly with the assembly origin planes? Since I can't see your assembly browser (and I have 2013) I can't say what is going on. You may want to post the assembly (and all parts) however if you do prepare to have all aspects of your design critiqued by the experts here.

So, in your part models are your sketches fully constrained?
Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 7 of 8
fluff3n

I think I have solved it. I went into Ground Plane Settings and changed the Position and Size to "Manual adjustment" instead of "Automatic adjustment to model". Now the ground plane isn't bouncing and now its fixed. Cat LOL

Thank you very much gsmith9810.

Message 8 of 8
gsmith9810

Glad you figured it out - I would have never guessed it had to do with the auto-resize option.
Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report