Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying Certain Parts in the I-Parts Assembly Table

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Cadmanto
288 Views, 4 Replies

Specifying Certain Parts in the I-Parts Assembly Table

I have an assembly with 2 parts in it of various sizes.

I have created all of the different sizes in iparts in the individual part files.  In the assembly

I want to specify these different sizes in the iparts/assembly editor.  Not seeing a way to do this.

I see the different column headers that allow me to insert the component into the table, but not specify a

specific configuration.

Thanks for your help

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

Here is how I do it.. (I'm not sure how to get the "table replace" column directly from the edit table dialog)

But I place all my iparts, then create all my iassembly members. Then change to one of the members you want to change the ipart component to and switch to "edit member scope" instead of "edit factory scope" in the ipart/iassembly section of the assembly tool bar. Now you are only making changes to that member then expand the + next to the ipart and pick change component and pick the one you want. Now your iassembly table will have a row that says the part number and table replace.. Now you can pick the dropdown and do all the members that way.

I hope that made sense.. I'm hungry and its lunch time so I was a little short with the answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
swordmaster
in reply to: Cadmanto

"(I'm not sure how to get the "table replace" column directly from the edit table dialog)"

Open the iassembly table and click on the components tab (on the left hand side of the interface)

Expand the + box on the component you want to be able to replace. You should see a Table Replace option in the expanded tree, highlight this and use the  >> button to add it to your iassembly table

Now you can choose the instance of the component to use in the iassembly table

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: mcgyvr

I am not sure if I did this the same way you described, but after what you suggested in my other post

about replacing the components after adding the iparts them going back to my assembly, I created my iparts and inserted the components into the table and there was a drop down of all of the iparts I had created for each

component.  Now they work.  One thing I am learning there is definately a heirarchy in Inventor.  If you do

not have the ducks in the proper order nothing works and is quite frustrating to figure out.

Thank you so much for your help.

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: swordmaster

@swordmaster wrote:

"(I'm not sure how to get the "table replace" column directly from the edit table dialog)"

Open the iassembly table and click on the components tab (on the left hand side of the interface)

Expand the + box on the component you want to be able to replace. You should see a Table Replace option in the expanded tree, highlight this and use the  >> button to add it to your iassembly table

Now you can choose the instance of the component to use in the iassembly table

Thanks..I figured it was somewhere.. Now I know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report