Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spacenavigator jerky unless other window is open over Inventor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dswilson22
1329 Views, 8 Replies

Spacenavigator jerky unless other window is open over Inventor

My new Spacenavigator3D mouse is fabulous except that, using Inventor 2011, the action is balky unless I open any other window, for example Control Panel. Then the model in Inventor spins fluidly although it is behind the open window. As soon as I click into the inventor window is slows down again. I have tried approved drivers and others to no avail. I have a Dell M6300 w/ Nvidea FX3600M. Tried overlay on/off. Fusion and Alias 2012 work fine. Anyone seen or solved this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: dswilson22

Did you Calibrate in the 3D Connexion Control Panel?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
blair

Make sure you are on the latest drivers from the 3dconnexion web-site. Don't rely on the drivers that are shipped with the product.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 9
dswilson22
in reply to: blair

I have installed Driver 6.13.0 and the release is V 1.3.0, both recommented for Vista 64 Business. I have run the Update Wizard in the 3DX control panel which diligently goes through and makes sure the correct drivers and versions are installed for my hardware and software (including Inventor) installed.

I have tried the Calibrate button in the control panel and nothing happens. What should happen?

The Inventor Add-In appears to V1.8.0. Curiously, under the Add-in menu within Inventor, I just have the Button Mapping Editor and Help- No "Device Settings". The Spacenavigator's left button is configured to a 3DX popup menu which lets me change speed and configure buttons.

Thanks for any help.

Message 5 of 9
blair

Calibration button does a quick reset of the motion controller, you won't see anything happen. Odd with only one icon for the 3DConnex showing up in the Inventor Add-In menu. Give the support desk at 3dConnexion a call, they are very quick in getting back.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9
dswilson22
in reply to: blair

I'll give them a call tomorrow. I didn't knowwhere to turn; 3DConnexion, Autodesk or Nvidia.

As you know, things like this can be so frustrating and time consuming. I hope, as usual, there is a simple fix. Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
dswilson22

The call to 3DConnexion turned out to be the solution. After discussion, they suggested and sent me directions how to enable the driver to work through the firewall etc.

As they seemed to know the solution, I hope they add it to their FAQ, although they may be intentional about disclosing security issues.

The missing Add-In "settings" icon apparently is normal. The help file isn't accurate.

It now works great!

Message 8 of 9
paulwells7090

I'm having the exact same issue.  IV 2012 Ultimate, Win 7 64b.  What Firewall was it? Windows Firewall? 

Do you still have thier instructions?  I've been waiting 5 days for a response from 3DConnexion. 

Thanks,

Paul

Message 9 of 9
blair
in reply to: paulwells7090

Try disabling your Firewall first and see if this corrects the problem first.

If it does, check in the Advanced settings of your Firewall software for an Allow/Block list. You will need to change the setting to allow the Logitech/3dConnexion software/drivers.

It wouldn't hurt to download the lastest version of software from 3dConnexion, as they have just published the new release with support of IV2013.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report