Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Vaio Pro 13

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
msulkis123
2014 Views, 5 Replies

Sony Vaio Pro 13

Does anybody run Inventor 14 on the Sony Vaio Pro 13?

Here's the spec list:

• 4th gen Intel® Core™ i7-4500U (1.80GHz / 3.00GHz with Turbo Boost)
  • Windows 8 64-bit
  • 13.3" Full HD TRILUMINOS for Mobile IPS touch display (1920 x 1080)
  • Touch screen
  • Intel® HD Graphics 4400 w/ Intel® Wireless Display technology
  • 256GB (256GB x1) PCIe solid state drive
  • 8GB (8GB fixed onboard x1) DDR3L-1600MHz

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: msulkis123

The only problem may be the limited memory for the graphics card. Never done anything with Inventor using a touch display. I suspect you would still need to use a mouse.

The 13.3" screen might require reading glasses to work on it.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
msulkis123
in reply to: blair

Yeah my main concern is the graphics card. I've never used a touch display for drawing, nor do I plan to, but the graphics may be a bit on the light side.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 6
dgorsman

Won't the HD on-chip graphics hardware use system RAM, further limiting the amount available to Inventor?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6
msulkis123
in reply to: dgorsman

Possibly, but my projects shouldn't be terribly taxing on the system. For several years my projects will be solely college/entry level material. The portability of the computer is a big draw for me.
Message 6 of 6
LT.Rusty

That screen size is a huge turnoff for me, and so is the (more than likely) lack of a number pad on the keyboard.

A full 1080p screen that small would give me a massive headache to read.  I'd have to turn up all the font sizes, and that would cause other issues in other places, and pretty well negate the whole point of having a 1080p screen.

The onboard graphics from the Haswell chips is pretty good, but it is NOT a discrete graphics card, and it will NOT perform as well.  On my desktop computer at home, I've got one of the new Haswell chips, and the 2008-vintage discrete card that I've got in it absolutely DESTROYS the on-chip graphics, in terms of performance.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report