Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks 2011 Finally catches Inventor.....on two accounts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robert.tupa
1731 Views, 7 Replies

Solidworks 2011 Finally catches Inventor.....on two accounts

This is from a blog on "what's new" in SolidWorks 2011.  Not trying to start any fights.  I use both.  Get frustrated with both.  But, I still prefer Inventor.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: robert.tupa

Not sure about "improvements' to the memory issue, as it seems to be more caused by Windows. However, measure in creating fealtures is nothing new in Inventor. See below (been there many years):

1364i3894414003562250

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dennis, you missed the context.  The reference was to SolidWorks now being able to do what Inventor has for some time.

Message 4 of 8
blair

That's odd, I took it the same way that Dennis did. At least I can blame it on growing up using the "Queens English", not sure what Dennis can blame it on.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
robert.tupa

Thanks smjanows.  You are correct.  Sorry for the confusion Dennis.  I was definitely taking a shot at SWX.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hey Stranger!! I consider you lucky to be able to use both, it would be an asset I believe. Have you upgraded to 2011 in both? We just switched over last week, and I really like some of the new "intuitive" features Inventor has come out with. It seems to be much more fluid when you're cruising along. I have a SpaceExplorer as well, so now i can really "fly" along.

Message 7 of 8
robert.tupa

Hey Shannon!

Unfortunately, I'm not up to 2011 in Inventor.  Cash flow didn't allow for updating our subscription.  So, now I have to pay even more to upgrade.  I really want it though.  The one thing SolidWorks has had forever that IV2011finally has is limits on assembly constraints.  As for SolidWorks 2011, I usually wait a while to upgrade until a service pack comes out.  Also, our customers are usually slow to upgrade too.  So, it makes it hard to collaborate.

When it comes to knowing both pieces of software, it is good for someone job hunting.  Not necessarily for a business

owner.  Often times, it presents frustration switching back and forth and having a library with so many different file types.

It was good to hear from you.  Swing by sometime for a beer. 

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

@Anonymous wrote:

That's odd, I took it the same way that Dennis did. At least I can blame it on growing up using the "Queens English", not sure what Dennis can blame it on.

lack of coffee.... 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report