Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small file size when exporting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kkornocksr
1397 Views, 2 Replies

Small file size when exporting

I am trying to export and save numerous Inventor Assembly Models, to send to various customers to import into their models. I have been saving them as .stp files, but they are very large files after exporting, and I'd like to know if there is a way to decrease the exported file size. I could zip them after I create them, but I was hoping there was an easier way or different format than .stp. I could also suppress numerous internal componants, but I would rather not have to go through that task either. In the end, they would really only require the outer shell, with any externally viewed holes still present. Any suggestions? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: kkornocksr

@kkornocksr wrote:

In the end, they would really only require the outer shell, with any externally viewed holes still present. Any suggestions? Thanks

Have you looked into Shrinkwrap in Inventor?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
kkornocksr
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for your response. That does shrink the file size quite a bit, altough I was hoping even smaller. However, when I do a stp file of that same shrinkwrap file, the file size enlarges. Do you know why that is? It's not as large as a stp file before I did shrinkwrap, but it is larger than the actually shrinkwrap ipt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report