Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketched Symbol - Centreline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
0107662m
1414 Views, 4 Replies

Sketched Symbol - Centreline

Hiya,

I have imported a sketched symbol of 3rd Angle Projection symbol, however, it changes the centrelines to normal lines when placed in the template.  Is there away round this problem?

Thanks

Andy

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: 0107662m

Look at the layer used in the sketched symbol for the centerlines, then check to see what linetype as associated to that same layer in your template.  You may have to change the layer or linetype in one or the other. 

Message 3 of 5
0107662m
in reply to: cbenner

Hiya, I tried that but then it changes all the lines in the symbol to centre lines. Andy
Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: 0107662m

I have not found a way to do this and get aesthetically pleasing results other than to create my own lines long and short.

Same for center mark.

Fortunately once its done its done.

Note that some of the construction lines in my symbol are set to Sketch Only in the editing environment.

I also set the lineweight manually.

3rd angle.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5

Hi 0107662m,

• Edit your Sketched Symbol Definition and then select just the center line,
  • Then right-click and choose Properties,
  • Then choose a line type from the list (you can click the Load button to load an actual center line if needed)

Note you might need to adjust the scale a bit, and you can set the color there as well.

I think that will get you what you're after, but as JDMather mentions you might want to do it manually to get it to look just right.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report