Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch disappears when editing another sketch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
luke
1995 Views, 8 Replies

Sketch disappears when editing another sketch

Please help if you are able to.

When I edit certain sketched some other sketches disappear. Please see attached.

This is causing modelling to slow down as I can not project lines from the sketch that has disappeared.

Please help.

Many thanks

Luke

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MingweiGao
in reply to: luke

What's the order of the two sketches in the browser?

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto

Luke,

I agree with Mingwei.  I think what is happening is the sketch that is disapearing when you edit this other one, is ahead of it in the browser tree.  If you could show us an image of your browser that would be helpful as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
luke
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks Mingwei & Cadmento

Please see attached shot of browaer tree.

The sketch I want to edit is sketch 21 when i edit it sketch 29 disappears, as you both mentioned this is because 21 is ahead of this in the browser tree.

But why?!!!! Please help me out here and is there a way around this?

Thanks

Luke

Message 5 of 9
Cadmanto

Luke,

I see that sketch 21 is ahead of 29.  Is it possible that sketch 29 is linked somehow to a sketch before sketch 21?

What version are you using?  Can you post your file here to look at?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 9
luke
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks,

Using 2013 pro.

ataached is the file in question.

Thanks again for your time

Luke

Message 7 of 9
MingweiGao

Based on your sketches, sketch 29 is depended on sketch 31 and sketch 31 is depended on sketch 21, so sketch 29 also depended on sketch 21.  

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 8 of 9
luke
in reply to: MingweiGao

Thanks Mingwei,

Is there a way to sketch without making sketches dependant on each other without slowing the dfaughting process? Or should sketches be dependant?! Apologies if these are stupid questions but relatively new to Inventor?

Message 9 of 9
hansome_one

Order of the sketches is what I was thinking also.  This might be a good time for some parameter based variables. Why??  because parameters are not feature or tree based entities.  example - in SK31 make what ever sketch geometry that you require, then dimension it out with named parameters (location dimensions should be taken from sketch entities that occur on or before SK21) .  Now you can go back to SK21 and add the sketch geometry that you are looking for, then reference the parameters that was created downstream in SK31.  Now this could get a little confusing, if someone else goes into the file a little later, but it may help solve your current issues..

2016 Inventor
W7 - 64 bit
i7 2.6ghz
16g Ram - 3000M
Design Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report