Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skeleton Modeling - Error occours when I try to Sweap

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
InventorInSchool
448 Views, 6 Replies

Skeleton Modeling - Error occours when I try to Sweap

"Path has discontinuous segments. Use Edit Sketch to change the path geometry"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: InventorInSchool

From what i can guess, seeing as you don't say what geometry you're trying to sweep, there are lines attached to projected geometry where you've drawn new lines on top.
So inventor is giving you the correct warning, check your geometry around the projected bits and see if they are attached to the path you want to sweep.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 7
wilkhui

Hi InventorInSchool,

Are you attempting to sweep Sketch15 along Sketch2 as a surface?

Aside, I noticed that the part was made in an older version of Inventor 2013, have you installed Service Pack 2 and its Update 3?

Thanks,

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7

Hello! I want whole model to become sweeped into surfaces, but yes, I want to sweep Sketch15 along Sketch2 as a surface.

Hm.. I'm using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 at my school so I'm not sure 😕

Message 5 of 7

Hi!

You want the tube all around, rigth? But you need sharp edges? You can't use sweep in a path with sharp corners, you have to round the rectangule.

Remember that you can also build a surface using the "extrude comand".

Also you're doing so much work to build a simple thing, check the attached part, you can use Pattern and mirror tools to fast forward your model.

Tip: In the vertical tubes, you only need to create one, then use pattern to do the others, and mirror to copy all to the other side.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 6 of 7
-niels-

Ok, i'll try this again since a previous post didn't go through...

What i could see in your sketch was that some lines are attached to reference geometry instead of to eachother, creating the so called "discontinues segments".
So inventor is giving a correct error message.
You'll have to edit your sketch and make sure your path is connected correctly.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 7
wilkhui
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi Carlos, InventorInSchool,

It's possible to get the sharp corners by sweeping as a solid and then offsetting by 0mm, hopefully you can see what I mean in the attached part.

Also, Carlos makes some good suggestions on how to reduce the amount of work you're doing in the part!

Best wishes,

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report