Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation and Fea mechanism

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CCarreiras
479 Views, 2 Replies

Simulation and Fea mechanism

Hi.

Id like to test this mechanism about:

How to make a dynamic analysis of the maximum that can lift truck? I have an error of redundancy ...

How can I make an analysis of force necessary to raise the dumper?

Can anyone give some hints?

Files in attach.

CCarreiras

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Unknown force is the good way to calculate the lifting force, and the mechanism should have a single degree of mobilty. However, with automaticlly converted joints, there are 3 degrees of freedom and one redundant.

I suppress the mate constraint between crane_24 and crane_25, and then create a spatial joint in dynamic simulation between crane_23 and crane_24 with some d.o.m locked. I have no idea what's relative moment between crane_23 and crane_25, and suppress the translational and rotational degree to make the mechanism as a single d.o.m system. Then add unknow force on actuator to lift truck with equilibrium status.

Please refer to attached assembly "All_Dumper - Copy.iam" with my setting and the unknow force/lifting force curve.

Hope it help

Regards,

-Jimmy Yuan

Jimmy Yuan
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I forgot to check the "associative load direction" option for unknow force for dataset attached in last post. As the direction of lifting force is always along the axis of piston, please check this option before running the simulation.

Regards,

-Jimmy

Jimmy Yuan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report