Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts settings resets after restart of inventor 2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
GUILLAUME.GARCIA
2379 Views, 11 Replies

Shortcuts settings resets after restart of inventor 2013

Hello,

I'm having troubles with the inventor 2013 shortcuts.

Actually, i have to confirm my selection when i have 2 aliases starting with the same key (for example : D for dimension, and DF for discussion forums).

The fact is i never use the DF shortcut, and want to clean it up, or at least change it. When i do, it works well, until i restart inventor.

When i restart Inventor, shortcuts configuration resets and i have to do the change again.

I found a way to not spend that much time on changing them, with exporting/importing settings, but it's still annoying to import every time i start Inventor.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

G. Garcia

------

Dell precision M6600

Quadro 3000M

Windows 7 64 bits

French version of Inventor

intel i7

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
SBix26
in reply to: GUILLAUME.GARCIA

Customizations get saved when you exit Inventor, into a file in your Windows profile: \Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\InventorCustomization.xml.  Either Inventor is not exiting properly, or something is wrong with your file permissions in that folder.

For the other issue, in the Customize dialog box > Keyboard tab, uncheck "Use default multi-character Command Aliases".

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 12
GUILLAUME.GARCIA
in reply to: SBix26

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I checked the Inventorcustomization.xml, and the fact is this customization file in appdata is like i want, so it's correctly saved.

I've checked in the regedit to see if commands are correctly done here too, and they are. No command affected to the Factory.Layout.LaunchDiscussionForumUrl key. 

But when i start Inventor, the shortcuts are not corresponding with the .XML file, they're the default ones...

Regards

Message 4 of 12

Anybody else want to jump on this?  I have this problem and it's complete garbage. 

I am the computer administrator, I exit Inventor properly, and verify that no Inventor processes are running. The XML file in my user folder is saving properly...

...and Inventor is booting into the OOB Keyboard settings.

Message 5 of 12

I have the same problem, and it seems that it is only a problem in the factory design suite. it was so in 2013 and now also in the 2014 release. And the extra shortcuts are rediculous! if I want to fillet and press F I should get the Fillet comand, instead I have to choose from several option like facebook and first experience...!!! please who has come up with this??

please Autodesk, fix this!

If this answers your question then please select "Accept as Solution"
Kudo's are also appreciated Smiley Wink

Succes on your project, and have a nice day

Herm Jan

Message 6 of 12

Hi everybody,
this problem still persists even in FDS 2015 with no solution over three versions of FDS.
Message 7 of 12

One think you could do if you don't work with factory design, but just with Inventor is to NOT load the factory addin. as long as you don't load that, the shortcuts work just fine. as soon as the addin is loaded, the factory shortcuts are active. to do this go to Tools, Add-ins, select Factory: Layout/Symulation, and uncheck the Load Automatically. after this you'll need to restart Inventor.

But Autodesk should look at this issue!

Herm Jan

Message 8 of 12

This won't be the solution for me because I need to work with FDS... M.
Message 9 of 12
blair
in reply to: martin_madaj

It could be your security level. If you don't have adequeate permisision, Inventor is unable to write/update the Windows Registry, which is where all the settings are stored for IV. Chech that you have Administrative Level.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 12
martin_madaj
in reply to: blair

Hi, I'm sure it's not a matter of administrator rights. I have full admin access, FDS was installed in my admin account and with no antivirus in system.

Martin

Odesláno ze smartphonu Sony Xperia™
Message 11 of 12
blair
in reply to: martin_madaj

All changes to Inventor are written upon a successfull close of Inventor. Either there is an instance of Inventor still running in the background or something is stopping Inventor from writting/updating the Windows Registry. Either Permission, possibly a corporate A/Virus software or possibly a Virus itself that's not allowing Inventor to update and write the changes.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 12
HermJan.Otterman
in reply to: blair

hello Blair,

this is definitely not a permission issue, but an add-in issue. As soon as the FDS-add-in is loaded all short cuts get overwritte with complete stupid shortcuts.

you are able to change them, but as soon as you restart Inventor the same thing happens again, Inventor gets loaded, every thing oke but than the FDS add-in gets loaded an all short cuts get over written.

Herm Jan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report