Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut keys require confirmation in 2013?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Storgaarden
1509 Views, 4 Replies

Shortcut keys require confirmation in 2013?

Hey

I have a problem with shortcut keys in inventor 2013.

Example:

In 2012 when pressing "s", it would create sketch.

In 2013 when pressing "s", it needs enter/spacebar to confirm that sketch creation.

This is really really annoying to me, but I can't seem to find a setting that changes this, or a thread here on the forums describing anything about this. Only threads about shortcuts suddenly not working anymore, wich is not the problem for me at this moment.

Thanks for the help. 

Regards

/J. Storgaard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You were good, kid, really good, but as long as I'm around
you'll always be second best, see."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2014
Win 7 Pro, 64 bit
Intel i5-2400 3.10 GHz
14 GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Storgaarden

Tools tab > Options panel > Customize > Keyboard tab  -- do you have "Use default multi-character Command Aliases" checked?

Message 3 of 5
Storgaarden
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you very much Sbixler.

That seems to have sorted out my problem. I knew it was just a minor setting somewhere, I just couldn't find it.

Regards

/J. Storgaard.

"You were good, kid, really good, but as long as I'm around
you'll always be second best, see."
Inventor 2014
Win 7 Pro, 64 bit
Intel i5-2400 3.10 GHz
14 GB RAM
Message 4 of 5
acarpenter86
in reply to: Storgaarden

I have having many issues with the shortcuts...enabling that option does not help.  Here is what i have done so far:

Set up some custom shortcuts when i first swapped to 2013 version - after doing this, non of the shortcuts would work without confirmation...with or without the "Use default multi-char...." option enabled.

Reset All Keys to go back to stock configuration....now some of my Modeling shortcuts are still not working

Enabled "Use default multi-char...." - Goes back to manual confirmation of all shortcuts.  This is no good.

Best case is running with that option disabled, but some of my shortcuts, such as work plane and axis are not working. 

Message 5 of 5
catot
in reply to: acarpenter86

One other thing I have noticed previously is that if you have several shortcuts beginning with the same letter, say "S" for Sketch and "SW" for Sweep, you always have to confirm with enter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report