Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Drawings for Curtain Wall

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alli.falconer
2128 Views, 3 Replies

Shop Drawings for Curtain Wall

I haven't found many recent topics on this, so forgive me if I missed one. I currently do shop drawings for curtain walls and metal wall panels in AutoCAD and I have been asked to look into Revit to create shop drawings in the future. While looking around, I found a few comments from a few years ago, that Inventor is better for curtain walls. What we do are the basic elevations with dimensions and then the larger details of jambs/heads/etc. 

We receive extrusions from the curtainwall manufacturer and then cut to length in our shop, so we would appreciate the ability to create cut lists and piece counts from a main drawing. Is this something that Inventor could handle or are we best to stick with AutoCAD and create our cut lists by hand?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: alli.falconer

Hi!

If you design in inventor, probably you will have better information to give to the shopfloor, with less errors and more accurate.

You can design the struture using the "Frame generator "Tool and the Inventor will give you a cut list in one click.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jeanchile
in reply to: alli.falconer

I would talk to a reseller in your area but my first instinct would be Inventor using iLogic/iCopy then output to Revit for architecutral review if you need it. Your shop information would all come from Inventor and you likely don't even need to purchase a copy of Revit. This video was done years ago but the capabilities remain the same (or better for all I know).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4qgZPv0O_Y

Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 4

the plus of using inventor is so the csc team can plug all that information in and as long as your 3d information is accurate, you will have no problems

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report