Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Using old Textures

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RobJV
343 Views, 2 Replies

Sheetmetal Using old Textures

I could probably put this in the Vault group as well but I think it is more than a vault issue.  

In this example, I have a "sheetmetal" part that is actually expanded metal and uses a texture that existed in the path as shown in attachment.  I now use Inventor 2014 (which also has that texture).  I don't remember doing this in the past but I now find myself having to open the material manager while in the part and then opening the appearance tab to load the texture from the Inventor 2014 folder as opposed to the 2013 folder.  After all that, I then have to save this change to the styles library.  After that I have to cross my fingers and hope that is what was causing my whole assembly to be not "vaultable" as the dialog box does not tell me file has the problem.  Is there an easier way??????

(After updating all the expanded metal parts in my assembly to the styles editor I still get that problem.)

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobJV
in reply to: RobJV

I have seen similar issues in the Vault forum as well.  I have renamed this texture in the 2013 folder and the dialog box still points to it?!?!  I don't even know why this is happening as I don't believe textures get vaulted.

I have had similar issues in the past with missing "attached" files that resulted in me resorting to renaming the offending file or creating a text file with the name of the file in question all to trick Inventor.  I have even seen VB programs to strip that file out of the part.  

Anyways - I have tried a number of things with no luck - any other ideas?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
RobJV
in reply to: RobJV

Well - I will just answer my own question. Smiley Happy  After creating a text file with the bitmap name and placing it in my search path AND restarting Inventor I was able to Vault my assembly with that text file.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums