Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal questions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dpsmith85
1269 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet metal questions

I'm working on a sheet metal part for the first time.  I did the sheet metal tutorial in inventor but I am making a part and am having trouble with one area.  Attached is a file of the part I'm making and of the issue I'm having.  The part that I'm having trouble with is the back of the part (not the front with the flanges on it).  How I created the back was I made a plane an 1/8 away from the back surface, made a new face and then used the bend command to connect the two.  It worked except for the square cut outs at the bent area.  (see the attached photo of zoomed in area).  I would like this area to be diagonal and not have the square cut out.  I'm probably doing this the wrong way so I hope someone out there knows the best way.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: dpsmith85

Attach your ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
dpsmith85
in reply to: JDMather

Attached is a copy of the .ipt file.  I don't think I'm doing it the right way, but hopefully someone out there has a good solution.

Message 4 of 5
yannick3

Hi

For less work use flange feature and for your corner use corner trim feature, in corner tab select the option you want

and don't forget to change the gap size

other trick when you use new face command you can select the bend edge and the bend will built automaticly with face feature.

I can't post the ipt (for exemple)because i run with 2011 

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 5 of 5
hosford

the cutout is needed for bending the flange, if you dont have the relief you will either have a tear, or the edge will roll outward.

if you are making this with a punch nibbling, you cannot have the diagonal you want.

Thaddeus Hosford
NUC9i9QNX i9-9980HK, Win 10 Pro 64
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report