Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal part problems...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
120 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet metal part problems...

I need a little help. I have a sheet metal part that I would like to be able to modify by changing the angle to produce custom parts on-the-fly. I am having a problem when changing the angle; some of the cutouts will not “ follow the angle”. As this is slightly vague, I would like to post this drawing so that someone else could give the once over. Would someone please send me the post site so that I can upload the drawing?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
need a little help. I have a sheet metal part that I would like to be able to
modify by changing the angle to produce custom parts on-the-fly. I am having a
problem when changing the angle; some of the cutouts will not “ follow the
angle”. As this is slightly vague, I would like to post this drawing so that
someone else could give the once over. Would someone please send me the post
site so that I can upload the drawing?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Below is the links to the Inventor.customer files. Please zip up the files before
posting.

Inventor Customer files
Web
http://discussion.autodesk.com/WebX?14@186.Fx3taaT3ofu.79@.f15ad3a
Newsreader
news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.inventor.customer-files

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"tdrawdy" wrote in message news:f18ca20.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I need a little help. I have a sheet metal part that I would like to be able to modify
by changing the angle to produce custom parts on-the-fly. I am having a problem when
changing the angle; some of the cutouts will not " follow the angle". As this is slightly
vague, I would like to post this drawing so that someone else could give the once over.
Would someone please send me the post site so that I can upload the drawing?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I posted the drawing. Change the angle on the Face1 and watch what happens. I redrew it more that once and had the same problem.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I presume you mean the angle in the first sketch?

For starters I would put more of the extrusion cuts in the first sketch and share it.
Relationships based on sketches seem to hold together better than ones based on project
geometry in my experience.

Give us a for instance of the dimensions you want to change.

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator

"tdrawdy" wrote in message news:f18ca20.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I need a little help. I have a sheet metal part that I would like to be able to modify
by changing the angle to produce custom parts on-the-fly. I am having a problem when
changing the angle; some of the cutouts will not " follow the angle". As this is slightly
vague, I would like to post this drawing so that someone else could give the once over.
Would someone please send me the post site so that I can upload the drawing?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I only want to change the angle, produce the flat pattern and DXF it out for CNC programming. I then want to change the angle again and do the same. I could change delete the cutouts on the right side, change the angle and then reproduce the cutouts (which is what I am doing now)or find a better solution. I have noticed this problem on a few other sheet metal parts as well. Is this a glitch or operator error? If I can get this figured out, I can build several custom assemblies to save us time. I am also having a problem with adaptive sheet metal assemblies. Is anyone else having problems with this?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I have modified your file and reposted it. I ran out of time to mess around so half the
file isn't done, but you can see what I was doing. I think you will find it might be a
lot more stable on updates.

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator

"tdrawdy" wrote in message news:f18ca20.4@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I only want to change the angle, produce the flat pattern and DXF it out for CNC
programming. I then want to change the angle again and do the same. I could change delete
the cutouts on the right side, change the angle and then reproduce the cutouts (which is
what I am doing now)or find a better solution. I have noticed this problem on a few other
sheet metal parts as well. Is this a glitch or operator error? If I can get this figured
out, I can build several custom assemblies to save us time. I am also having a problem
with adaptive sheet metal assemblies. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report