Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet development

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kir_01
389 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet development

hello can anyone help me to develop the part attach under sheet metal thickness 2.5mm inventor 2010 windows xp thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: kir_01

Your part will not unfold for several reasons:

1. You have not set the sheet metal thickness to 2.5mm

2. The edges are not parallel to the face due to your construction technique. Create a surface and thicken to 2.5mm instead.

Needed:

1. always anchor (to part /sketch origin)and fully dimension and constrain your sketches. your sketch is underconstrained by 18 dimensions or constraints.

2. all sheet metal parts must have uniform thickness and edges parallel to faces in order to unfold.

3. Set up sheet metal defaults correctly to the actual part thickness.

4. Select a curved face before selecting Unfold.

5. I'm returning the fixed part in IV2011 format.Inspect the method I used to create your part. Dimension and constrain the sketch. I do not have Inventor 2010 on my laptop.

6. Do the tutorials in Inventor.

2205iAC9CA214BC823CF9

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 3
kir_01
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

thks mr jeffrey infact i use loft to draw it as its a dome n before i shell it i use frame generator to pass my frames as to ve the the frame on the edge of the  octagon the the sheet is what i wanted to cut it on my punching machine!

thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report