Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Rule Material Disappears

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
__spidey_
466 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet Metal Rule Material Disappears

Hi, I'm trying to associate a material with a sheet metal rule, however, in the Styles Editor, it won't let me save a material to any sheet metal rule other than Default. If I set a material, then switch to a different rule, then switch back, it sets the material to blank.

What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: __spidey_

Post the part.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 7
__spidey_

See attached.

Message 4 of 7
mrattray

It seems the style definition for "default" got corupted in your file. I used the style update command to update your document's style with the "default" style that was in my library. That seems to have fixed it. I would download this sample part and use it to update your style library. I think that will take care of your problem.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7
__spidey_

Hmm, I wasn't having trouble with Default, I was having problems with 10 GA.

(I tried to load your part but I think you saved it with a newer version of Inventor. I also tried updating my Default Sheet Metal Rule from the original library, but it didn't affect the problem I'm having with 10 GA.)

Does the 10 GA Sheet Metal Rule hold the material property when you open it?

Message 6 of 7
mrattray

Your default was broken as well. I'm assuming you made your 10 GA style from the default style, which means it inheritated it's sickness from default. I updated your default, then remade 10 GA. It then held the material settings for me as expected.Try recreating your 10 GA style off of an updated default and see if that works.

I did save the model in 2013 (per my sig). What verison are you on?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 7
__spidey_
in reply to: mrattray

Awesome, I did like you said and it works fine now.

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report