Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Talayoe
426 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet Metal Problems

Hey All,

Sheet metal scrub (me) is trying to do something that seems beyond my reasoning. Have tried a few ways and gave up due to lack of skill/understanding of the sheet metal process (have a training book that I just havent had time to go thru, sadly!).

Wondered if someone could point me in the right direction with the attached file. I left a line down the middle (theoretical centerline) to which I would like to bend this part at by 15° for each side (30 incl.). Gives me errors when I try... I am sure this part is being over thought, but... well, inexperience with the sheet metal brings me here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Talayoe

I recommend that you use the standard tools to get it as close as possible (finished dimensions) and then attach that file here for someone to show you the sheet metal way (I am pretty sure it will not include any Fold features).

Do you have a picture or url to something similar? (finished)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD,

This part is not so critical, just trying to get it into cad for the benders from legacy drawings. As such, here is all the detail I have relating to this part.

tks!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Talayoe

I assume something like this?

I will post part file tomorrow.

Sheet Metal Tray.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

This "solution" is a little different than the picture I posted yesterday.

Post back if this isn't quite right.

(check

In general, always model sheet metal parts to the intended finished dimensions, let the software generate the flat pattern.  The drawing you attached does not take into account the bend extants.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report