Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaking or continued motion in 3d assembly

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
crkellogg
4711 Views, 23 Replies

Shaking or continued motion in 3d assembly

Hello,

I just installed inventor 2015 and have been using inventor 2013 for almost two years.  I use a 3dconnexion space explorer.  When I rotate the assembly and stop abruptly the assembly continues to move a little (almost wobbles).  Sometimes it does that and then drops several inches on the screen.  This does not seem like a big deal but 8 hours at this and you get a really bad headache and sort of sea sick.  My system is Windows 7 – 64 bit, intel 3930K 6 core processor, K2000 PNY 2 GB card (certified), 32 GB ram and 250 GB solid drive with 2 TB WD black all running on a Sabertooth X79 socket 2011 MoBo.  I installed 3d space navigator to see if it was my space explorer.  This did not seem to help at all.  Is there a bug or a setting that could be causing this?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: blair

Cody,

I recall seeing a similar issue a couple of months back; installing 3DConnexion's 10.0.22 driver seemed to address the issue. What version do you have installed ? You can easily tell from Control Panel, Uninstall a program.

Also if you run the 3DConnexion "Trainer" or Demo programs do you also see the same ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 24
crkellogg
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I have 10.1.0 I just installed.

Thanks
Message 23 of 24
crkellogg
in reply to: crkellogg

I wanted to thank everyone for their input that lead me to check all drivers and make a few phone calls.  It is the new version of 3dconnexions driver working with inventor.  I called and the guy at tech support said they are having issues with inventor 2015 and the new driver fighting over something.  He had me uninstall and install an old version 3.17.8.  The jitters and jumping are completely gone.  They said that they hope to have the issues worked out with inventor soon.

Message 24 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: crkellogg

I fixed drifting on my Windows 10 system and wired Space Navigator with the following:

Open this file in a text editor, substituting "your-name" as appropriate:

C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\Global.xml

Then...

Add "<Deadband>5</Deadband>" without quote marks and right before "</Settings>"

The '5' can be changed to suite your needs. The smaller the better, and maxes out at something just over 300.

Save the file and unplug/reconnect your mouse to instate the change.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report