Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BAH
134 Views, 2 Replies

Serious error

I'm trying to open a .idw, but all I get is this
"Serious error" - " Ignoring attempt to deallocate unallocated memory" multiple times.
Its a assembly.
Anyone know what this means?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: BAH

How are you going on physical machine resources, have you got plenty of headroom left? If you have, then the usual clean out of temp folders, empty all the applets running in SysTray, open the assembly first, then try to open the IDW. Have all the parts been rebuilt to check their sanity? Oh yes, and don't forget graphics drivers!!!! Seriously, I've had this with large datasets and I ended up doing all the above and eventually I got it to open. Another time, I had a problem with a bad fillet on a custom fastener (radius was too large for the faces it was attached to). Inventor 7 was happy with it but 8 just refused to open the drawing. I found the offending item after opening the assembly and doing some naughty things to it to force it to break. IDW opened fine after that. John Bilton
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: BAH

Any chance you can post the dataset to customer-files or email them to me at raj.kumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com? I would like to take a look at the dataset. -- Thanks, Raj kumar Ilanchelian, Inventor QA, Autodesk,Inc. "BAH" wrote in message news:313227.1077112697366.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm trying to open a .idw, but all I get is this > "Serious error" - " Ignoring attempt to deallocate unallocated memory" multiple times. > Its a assembly. > Anyone know what this means?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report