Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 11 - Can't install Service Pack 3 or 4

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
gmasters
1104 Views, 26 Replies

Series 11 - Can't install Service Pack 3 or 4

I have Inventor Series 11 with service packs 1 and 2 installed. I have been trying to install Pack 3 and I keep getting the windows installer error (see attached). I have read where redownloading the file has worked for others but it has not worked for me. I have tried downloading via both Chrome and IE. I am running XP.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
gmasters
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

No version has ever been downloaded here. The install disks also say Inventor Series 11. This is really strange. I requested the install disks. I also installed the bonus pack though I don't use any of it.

Every time I update a version I uninstall the previous version first so there are no other version installed.

This is frustrating because this version still does not run very stable which is why I am looking for Sevice Packs in hope they have made improvements. I have removed all Roxio products (as suggested from error reporting) from this Pc and it seemed to help but it still craps out from time to time. 

Message 22 of 27
Martin_Goodland
in reply to: gmasters

@gmasters wrote:

No version has ever been downloaded here. The install disks also say Inventor Series 11. This is really strange. I requested the install disks. I also installed the bonus pack though I don't use any of it.

Every time I update a version I uninstall the previous version first so there are no other version installed.

This is frustrating because this version still does not run very stable which is why I am looking for Sevice Packs in hope they have made improvements. I have removed all Roxio products (as suggested from error reporting) from this Pc and it seemed to help but it still craps out from time to time. 

Well in that case you are definatly running 2011 as there is no bonus pack for Inventor 11. Below is the link to all the available service packs and hot fixes for your product.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242019#section3 

What hardware are you running inventor on ?

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 23 of 27
gmasters

The link you provided takes me to the same page I was on and it still lists service packs 3 and 4 there. 

Thanks for your help.

George

Message 24 of 27
gmasters

It is a Dell Dimension 5150 Desktop. Pentium 4 @3.4ghz runnin XP with 8 GB of Ram, a GE force 220 Video card 

Message 25 of 27
DarrenP

where are you seeing service pack 3 & 4 for inventor 2011?

there is some miscommunication somewhere

you keep bouncing around saying inventor 11 and inventor 2011

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 26 of 27
blair

Open/Run Inventor, go to the Help button, when the Help Box opens, go to the bottom where it says "About Inventor" and select it. It will tell you what version you have.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 27 of 27
Martin_Goodland

Have a look at the attached image.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report