Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected Property does not show up in Balloon Format

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
131 Views, 1 Reply

Selected Property does not show up in Balloon Format

Here is something that has been bothering me for a while. Wonder if everyone else is seeing this. Do this: Place an assy in a idw and place a ballon on a part. 1.Go to Format>Styles Editor, then expand the Balloon tree and pick the "Balloon (ANSI)". 2.Under Balloon Formatting, pick the property chooser button. Is the Selected Properties window blank??? 3.Pick a property on the left and chose "Add". 4.Notice how it now puts the one you just added below a blank line. 5.Pull the scrll bar down until you can see "Status". Note that "Part Number" is not available in the "Available Properties" window. Now click on the blank line in the "Selected Properties" and chose "Remove". 6."Part Number" is the one that is not showing up in the "Selected Properties" window. Not really that big of a deal just something that needs to be cleaned up. It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on the first time it happened. -- IV R9, SP1 Dell PWS360, 2.6ghz, P4 2 Gb ram nVidia FX1000 6.14.10.6808Driver 1260x1024x32 bit
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I did some digging into this issue and I thought I would share what I found. Though I was not able to reproduce this issue from scratch, I was able to verify Kirk's balloon style was in a bad state. When I imported Kirk's balloon style it appeared as if a property was selected, however, the text is blank (my theory). If any one else runs in to this situation what we really need to fix it are the steps that lead up to it. The workaround if you get a style into this state is to select the blank property and remove it. Then save the style. The blank space should be gone and the missing property in available properties should be listed again. I hope this helps, Harold

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report